Monday, September 8, 2014

WEEK #5 Vamos a la Playa

My companion Elder Ordonez from Guatemala


September 8, 2014

So my first area is the beach!  So stoked to be here!! I didn´t even think I´d see the beach cause my mission barely has any of the coast on it but I got my feet wet in the ocean today!!  My companion is a little guy from Guatemala.  He doesn´t speak a lick of english but is the nicest guy ever!!  His name is Elder Ordonez I´m in a city called Puerto Cortes and my area is called El Centrol!  So the main food that everyone eats here is Baleadas!  They´re pretty dang good!  Look them up if you get the chance!  And half the time we drink drinks here its Coca Cola!  Welcome to Honduras! haha  So my area is a bunch of dirt roads, and palm trees everywhere!  We have to walk like a mile or 2 to get to it every day and walk over this bridge overlooking the ocean that kids jump off!  it looks pretty fun!  like a 40 foot jump.  It is so, so, so hot here!  Being in Guatemala was like paradise weather compared to here!  I´m already getting that missionary tan line!  halfway up your neck and a huge farmers tan on your arms haha!   It is very pretty here look it up on the internet and you´ll see!  I met my mission President and he is awesome.  He´s from bountiful Utah and is the nicest guy ever.  He is very spiritual and just such a good guy!
 
So a cool spiritual experience that happened this week!  We were walking around on these dirt roads and we saw a lady hammering a board into a tree with a nail!  She was struggling pretty hard so we were like this is a perfect opportunity to offer service!  We asked her if we could help and she was hesitant shaking our hands cause her hands were so dirty.  She let us help though so i held the tree steady and my companion started hammering the nail in and all this wood flakes were falling on me.  We finished it up and then started chatting with her.  We asked her how here relationship was with god and she said it was good and then we asked if she´d like it to be be better and she said of course.  So we told her that god loves her and cares about her and that the gospel of jesus christ blesses families.  She started tearing up cause she could feel the spirit super strong and started crying.  It was really cool,  we talked more about the restoration and I bore my testimony and told her how the gospel has blessed my family.  Super cool lady!  I love feeling and having the spirit.  Theres not a better feeling.  We visited with her again and she is super receptive!  We challenged her to be baptized and she said she would so hopefully everything goes good with her!
 
Anyway tons more I want to say but we gotta go now.  So I love you all and here are a couple of pictures from this week!  love doing backflips on the beach haha

Love Elder Hunt

The beach scene would not be complete without a famous Haden flip
 

No comments:

Post a Comment