Monday, September 22, 2014

WEEK #7 Investigators in Church!!

We drive past this a lot on the buses!

So life is good out here in the mission.  I have my ups and downs but its all around pretty good.  Its funny as I'm learning this new language i feel like my english is getting worse.. some kids that have been out here for a year and a half from america have a hard time speaking english sometimes!  Its not terrible but they'll forget words sometimes!  Its pretty funny!  I can't wait til I know that good of spanish that my English fails!  gotta while before that though!  Umm weather was pretty good this week I gotta pretty cool picture of my area this week to give you a taste of the streets and area i'm in!  Definitely not the beautiful changing leaves that you all are experiencing right now, but I like it haha!

We finally got 2 investigators in church this week!!!  We have baptisms set for them on the 18th of October so hopefully that all goes well.  They have to come the next 2 sundays in a row and be worthy to be baptized.  People down here have a huge problem with the law of chastity and the word of wisdom as you can imagine so hopefully nothing comes up too big when we talk about that.  Their names are Dony and Kenya!  Dony is a really cool dude who is a super good investigator!  he studies what we give him and always has questions for us!  He wants to go on a mission!  He's 20 right now.  We were actually talking to a man through a chain linked fence and dony was sitting on the bench behind him and listened in and was interested so he came up and listened too.   Pretty cool that through teaching the man who didn't really care dony was able to hear what we had to say too and that he wanted to hear more!  Kenya is a mom of 3 children and doesn't have a husband.  She's had missionaries visit her before and attended church for 6 months I guess so maybe, hopefully this time she will want to be baptized.  only time will tell though!  

So I finished the Book of Mormon last night and what a powerful experience that was.  I took Moroni's challenge and prayed to know of the Book of Mormons truth.  I know that that book is true!  I didn't have an angel come down and tell me it was true,  but I know its true because of the way i feel when I read it.  It makes me feel happy.  I feel peace.  It gives me comfort.  There's a burning in my heart when I read it that testifies of its truthfulness unto me.  One thing I've learned is that the Book of Mormon has all the answers to any of the questions we might have in our life.  I invite you all and challenge you all to start reading it if your not and if you have a struggle or a question pray to God with real intent and then read and if you do it with a sincere heart he will provide you with an answer to your question or struggle!

I love you all!  Would love to hear from all of you!  

Elder Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment