Wednesday, April 1, 2015

WEEK #34 Happy Easter and Adios Santa Barbara

So Cute!!!
Beautiful Santa Barbara

Well looks like I'm getting transfered!  It's been a cool experience here in Santa Barbara and I've learned a ton!  Gonna miss some people here for sure!  It's been real.  I'm super excited for this next area though.  The new place where I"m going is called Brisas del Plan in Villanueva.  My new comps name is Elder Gomez, I think.  I'll let you all know about him next week.  I"m pretty stoked to be getting a latino comp again though!  Gonna get my spanish down even better.  

Not much happened this week being as the holy week is starting (Easter)  so everyone is headed out on vacation and no ones in their houses.  On the bright side it hasn't been as hot this week!  These last 4 days theres actually been some rain storms which is weird.  But I guess my next area is super hot.  Thats gonna be fun!  

                                                                                                                                                                 This week was cool.  On Saturday we did a service project and went to one of the little schools here in Santa Barbara and got to help paint some of the classrooms!  It was a lot of fun!  I'd actually never been in one of the schools here yet so it was cool to get a feel for what its like.  A lot different from the States thats for sure.  They have like a main court yard and then all the class rooms surround it.  It was kind of ghetto.  Ill send some pics!  But we painted these classrooms and painted a little in the bathroom which was interesting.  They don't have janitors here I dont think...

Honduran School
Saturday we also had a Fathers Day Celebration at the church cause they do Fathers Day here earlier than we do in the states.  We had to come up with a skit as missionaries to do and being as my comp is somoan we ended up doing the Haka.  It was so sweet.  I think we might have scared some of those Dads.  Even though Elder Purcell explained it a little I dont think they thought that was coming!  Pretty sick though!

Anyway we will see what this next week brings!!  Have a Happy Easter at home!!  I miss you guys and love you guys ton!! 

Love Elder Guapo

No comments:

Post a Comment