Wednesday, October 15, 2014

WEEK #10 My First Baptism!

Well this week was amazing!!  I had the privilege of getting to baptize Kenya!!  My first baptism!!  It was such an amazing experience!  We got to the church at 7:30 in the morning because her baptism was at 8 and she was already there waiting for us!  She was all ready to go!  We had 2 little talks about baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost from members in the ward (there were about 12 people there in total) and then me and her walked out and of the baptismal water.

My first baptism with Kenya!
 It's been raining a lot here and when it rains the water that comes out of the faucet is like yellow or sometimes green and so this baptismal font was filled with green water but it was cool.  I said her name then said the baptismal prayer in Spanish.  I could feel that God was happy with her decision and it felt like he was smiling down on us.  Something I'll never forget.  There is so much joy in being a missionary.  We then had Kenya bare her testimony and she said, " I know that this Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true.  I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.  I'm grateful to have this church in my life and that these elders were able to find me."  It was so awesome and I felt the spirit again so strong!

 On Sunday we kinda had a spook cause church started and Kenya wasn't there.  She was just running a little late though cause she was picking up one of our investigators on her way to church.  She is sos awesome.  We are probably going to baptize her daughter in 2 weeks and we have Dony lined up for this week to be baptized and he is super excited and ready.  We also had Julia at church this Sunday with Kenya and Angie again!  It's awesome being a missionary.  Hope all is going well for you guys at home!  I'm gonna try to send some pictures but this computer is being dumb.  You'll definitely get some next week though for sure!! Love you all!!

Love Elder Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment