Monday, October 27, 2014

WEEK #12 Interesting Week!!



My nice gringo sunburn!  "OUCH!"
Well this week at home i would have been hunting with my family and four wheeling and finishing up with the football season and such.  I just want to say congratulations to my little brother for shooting his first deer!!  They have a word here in the mission called baggy and whenever your thinking about home or talking about home everyone says Esta baggy?  so ya i was kind of baggy with the deer hunt and such this week.. but i know this is where i'm supposed to be!!

Visiting Castillo de Omoa- "I'm on top of the world"
To start off this week my companion told me one night that the President would be coming with us on our appointments the next day from 1 to 6!!  So i was kind of nervous.. because my Spanish still isn't the greatest, but i was excited also because my President is so awesome!  He reminds me of my dad.  He is a very knowledgable, spiritual, humble man.  The day turned out great.  President was able to meet with Julia and we taught the Restoration again for the 5th time and I finally think she understands why a restoration was needed and that this church is the only true church on the earth today.  It seems so simple in my head the need for a restoration but a lot of these people down here and i guess all around the earth can't get the concept.  Satan has really done a good job of fogging peoples minds so they can't see the truth.  But one thing I learned from the President is how important teaching with the spirit is.  I can usually feel the spirit in our lessons, but with the President there the spirit was so strong and I knew that our investigators could feel it too.  Another huge thing I learned from President is how important it is to share the gospel even when someone looks like they are busy or even if they are busy.  This is an example he spoke of for you at home who work among those that aren't members.  If the people that we work with at work aren't members and they work 6 days  week and have one day off working 10 hour days they will never have an oppurtunity to hear the gospel unless you talk to them.  A lot of times we are timid in dealing with those that we work with.  But if we dont talk to them.. they are never gonna hear the gospel.  Just something to think about!  

Tenemos que irnos- I guess it's okay that my son is getting beat up by an old lady with this kind of view:)
The next part is just a funny story that happened this week.   We were walking over the bridge like we usually do and at the bottom of the bridge there was this old lady probably 70 all dressed in white and had white hair and a white cane in her hand.  My companion said hello to her as we were walking by and she looked up and saw me and my companion and started yelling at us.  We just kept on walking like we do when people yell at us and I looked back and she was trying to catch up with us and yelling hey you!! your an american, true?  and then she hit me with her cane in the arm and i was like oh freak.  Then she hit me again and said you think your better than me or something!  My companion moved in front of me so he could take the hits, but she only wanted to hit me and so my companion was like Caminar Rapido!!  So we walked away quickly from her and she was trying to chase us but was too old to do so.  My companion said that she was using very strong words against us.  haha so that was pretty cool.  I can now say that an old lady has beat me up!  haha not really she was just hitting my arm and it wasnt bad at all.  pretty crazy old lady haha.

Marla's baptism day:) How cute is she?!!!
Too finish we had a baptism this week!!  It was the daughter of Kenya!!  My companion was gonna baptize her but he didn't have his baptismal pants.. he lost them somewhere in his mission and mine don't fit him cause i'm a whole head taller so he told me to baptize her.  he's such a nice guy.  he said it doesn't matter who does it as long as it gets done!  So true, but hopefully his new pants get here in the next route!  Marla the daughter of Kenya was so excited to be baptized and was so happy!  I love this work!  I hope you are all doing great at home!!  Try to find your friends that are not members and invite them to church!  It can't hurt!  Love you all!  Heres some pics of this week!!







No comments:

Post a Comment