Tuesday, October 7, 2014

WEEK #9 I Love Conference


Me and my buds!



So this week was amazing!!! Sorry I didn´t get to send a big email out last week!  Didn´t have a lot of time but my mom created this cool blog for me so you can check that out if you want its called hadenhunthonduras.blogspot.com  so check that out its way cool!  Wow where to start?? This week was absolutely amazing with conference and our investigators and everything! 


Second we have Dony´s baptism on the 18th!!  He is a supeer peela investigator which means super good
We are baptizing Kenya
investigator.  He always reads and does all the challenges that we challenge him to do!  I´m so stoked for him and his baptism as well!  and we got a new investigator and set a date for her baptism on the first lesson!  She came to all the general conference sessions along with dony and kenya!!  Shes the girlfriend of one of the members so hopefully shes taking these lessons for herself and not for him!  I can tell though that she felt the spirit during conference!

Thirdly conference!!!!  What a great opportunity we all had to listen to the Prophet who receives revelation from the Lord for us, and all of the apostles and other general authorities.  What a blessing we have to live in this gospel!  In this conference there were some talks in Spanish, in Chinese, and in Portugese.  That in itself is so awesome!  The gospel is being spread all over the world, and I am so lucky to be a part of that preaching the gospel down here in Honduras to these people.  Its funny I never thought about this before, but what a privelege and blessing we have to listen to the prophet in english and actually be able to hear his voice and the apostles as well.  I don´t know if you liked hearing the translator for those certain talks as well as you liked actually hearing the real voice of the authorities that spoke in english.  Hearing the actual voice of the people that speak is so cool cause you can hear exactly what they´re saying with tone and pitch of their voice.. when they´re feeling the spirit like Elder Eyring when his voice gets tender or Elder Holland when hes getting serious about something or feeling the spirit as well.  I actually just listened to the speakers in spanish when they spoke spanish so i could hear the tone of their voice and i could actually understand a lot of it which was really cool.  

We are so blessed in so many ways that we may not even see.  I think we take it for granted sometimes.   One thing that really stuck out to me in general conference was a talk in Preisthood Session and it was Uchtdorf who said, Lord is it I?  Of course this is when Jesus and his apostles were at the Last Supper and Jesus looked around and said one of you are going to betray me.  The apostles then asked Lord is it I?  I´ve heard that story so many times and I always thought that that question was kind of werid.. like wouldn´t you know if it was you or not??  But instead of pointing fingers and saying oh its gotta be him or him they looked inwards and said Lord is it I?   These conference talks are for us personally.  The words in conference and in the scriptures are for us.  Evaluate yourself.  Study the conference talks again when they come out in the Ensign and ask yourself what do I need to work on? 

 I promise if you will honestly ask God what you can work on, he will give you an answer.  We don´t need to make drastic changes but always be trying to better ourselves improving little things here and there.  Fine tuning is what it is.  More than all though as the Prophet said, follow the footsteps of the savior Jesus Christ.  Always steer a straight course back towards Eternal Life and always have your mind set on Salvation and Exaltation.  Always look heavenward for guidance.  Be an example for good and be a light up on a hill that stands out in the darkness.  We are members of the restored church of Jesus Christ back on the earth today.  We are different then the rest of the world.  Don´t hide it.  Devoted members of this church are missionaries.  If you know any sheep that are lost, bring them in.  Every member a missionary.    I love you guys!  The Lord is hastening his work and he needs all of us to be a beacon of light in a world of darkness.  Enjoy the fall colors and football for me!  I miss you all!

Love Elder Hunt    
The Elder's I live with who crack me up!



No comments:

Post a Comment