Tuesday, November 18, 2014

WEEK #15 Another Nice Week in Honduras

So this week was pretty chill again.  The weather has been super nice lately.  Cloud coverage practically the whole day and light rain.  Our investigators are continually progressing slowly but can't find the insentive or the will to go to church.  So that kinda is a bummer right now.  Learned a ton of spanish this week!!  Heres a quick recap of my week.

Wednesday-  We woke up at 530 and went to go do service for a less active member.  We chopped their grass with machettes from 7 in the morning til around 11.  I got a huge blister on my finger as usual.  I probably chopped like 30 percent of the yard while my companion did like 70 percent.  My companions a beast at chopping and well i just dont think my body was made for chopping.  You can call it an excuse or whatnot but im just a lot higher off the ground than him and its harder for me to get low and level with the ground.  I have to get on my knees and chop like that haha.  My body is not really an excuse its just that his whole life hes grown up chopping and knows the ins and outs.  Im sure I'll get better at it as time goes on though!  Also we found this super cool new investigator.  I dont know if you all remember the story i told about the big family we taught on a little porch but we went and taught them again and well they dont really want much from us but they had a friend over whose name is Pedro so we asked him if we could come visit him one day and he agreed and he is awesome.  I know that God puts people in our lives as missionaries maybe solely to find the people that they know and the people that God has prepared for us.  So i hope everything goes well with Pedro.

Thursday-  Taught a super long lesson to Pablo and Anna.  They always have their workers there which i think ive mentioned and always come loaded with questions for us.  They were bombarding my companion with questions regarding polygamy this time and joseph smith and everything.  He answered them all really well and we taught them again after having studied a lot more on the topic of polygamy and everything.  They like to be taught by us because they say they learn a lot but Pablo still hasnt prayed to know the truth and we can only teach so much.  The spirit is the real teacher and if they don't get on their knees and pray they can't know the truth.

Friday-  I asked Yanely if we could kneel to pray and if she would ask God what baptismal date was right for her cause shes leaving out of town for a whole month and we could baptize her in 2 weeks or in january.  we all felt the spirit super strong while she prayed and she said January sounded better for her. 

Saturday-  I got to baptize the sister missionaries investigatar David!!  Hes such a super cool young guy.  He wanted me to baptize him cause he said im big and strong haha.  So that was a really cool experience.  He was pretty nervous for it but everything went good!  We then ate homemade baleadas at the church after and he is really good friends with all the other young men in the world so thats good to see that he has a place with them and fits in perfect.

Sunday-  Had a huge stake priesthood conference.  It was really good.

Also our convert Dony is doing so good!  He has the Aaronic preisthood now and has been blessing the sacrament every week.  He has started his missionary papers.  He cant leave til a year after his baptism but hes super stoked and getting started already.  He reads at least one chapter of the book of mormon each night.  Hes been learning english and italian cause he wants to go  on a mission to Italy or to the U.S.  He comes with us and teaches with us for one day out of the week every week and bares powerful testimony of how this church has blessed his life and what a blessing it has been for him to be able to bless the sacrament every week.  He wrote me a letter in English that said, "although my friends have been mad at me for joining this church, i dont care,  im proud of this church and of you guys for preaching the gospel and leaving your families so you could find people like me."  So powerful and hes going to be recieving the Melchizedek Priesthood next week.  I honestly cant express how much joy all his sucess and he has brought me.  Hes such an awesome guy.  Im so blessed to be a missionary out here in Honduras.

Love you guys!  Have a great week in the cold snowy weather of Utah!  I miss it.  Go hit the slopes for me.  And ill keep up the work here in Honduras!  

Love Elder Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment