Monday, December 1, 2014

WEEK #17 From the Beach, To the Mountains!


Twins that rival my twin brothers at being little stinkers!
We got a call on Monday night and our District Leader Elder Jordan was like, Hunt you have changes.  I was like what?  This whole time I had it in my head that my comp was gonna have changes cause thats what everyone had been telling me and so I was kinda of shocked to be going, but anyway ya i had changes.

So Tuesday we basically went around to all the people that I'd drawn pretty close to and I said goodbye.  It was kinda of sad to be leaving my first area in the mission and the great people in my ward.  Especially because I wont see them again probably for a while, if I see them again.  Sad leaving our converts, but felt good knowing that we had helped them come unto Christ and that we had had sucess.  
I'm leaving the beach...

Wednesday we woke up at like 3 in the morning and I had about 3 hours of sleep cause I was packing.  We took a bus with all the youth in our ward who were going to be going on missions soon to San Pedro Sula to the big church there and then took a taxi to the terminal cause we're not going to be having change meetings anymore I guess.  So I went to the terminal and got my new companion and we headed off to Santa Barbara which is like a 3 hour bus ride.

My new area is called Galeras 2 and the city is Santa Barbara.  Everyone in Puerto was telling me that this place was so beautiful and it is.  I love this new place.  First of all its not hot, like at all, like the first 3 nights I was kinda freezing cold going to bed and waking up in the morning.  I have to sleep with 2 blankets on  and in my last area I would sleep with barely a light blanket with a fan on me the whole night!  Second of all, it is so pretty here.  I am basically up in the mountains that are all green and so pretty and we walk up big hills in the mud cause it rains a lot here and it reminds me of hunting and hiking!  Its awesome!

My new apartment:)
My new comp is so sick!! His name is Elder Baird and he's a gringo!  He's white like me!  He's from New Jersey and well he is from all over the country cause his dad works in the Air Force so he's lived in like 10 different places like Utah, Hawaii, England, New Jersey, California and many others.  He's way sick.  It's so nice to have someone to talk to the whole day.  He's awesome!  Oh, and he is a kicker like me.  He wants to go and try to walk on to BYU when he gets home!  

Our Thanksgiving Dinner!
Church was sweet on Sunday.  They had a youth program going on which was really cool and we had 10 investigators in church.  I was amazed.  My comp says that this area hasn't had that much sucess though but by the numbers we had in church I figure we're going to have sucess as long as we our diligent in our work.  Have a baptism lined up for the 20th and the 27th so hopefully that can happen.  

So Life is good oh and Thanksgiving I had a gringo to celebrate it with and what we ended up eating was some Mash Potatoes and some cubed ham in a bag and some corn and we got some sparkling cider.  Pretty good, but i missed the good old cooking from home. Nothing beats turkey and stuffing!  

So I hope you all had a great thanksgiving!  Miss you guys!!  Love you all!

Love Elder Hunt


No comments:

Post a Comment